Preparation of detail design for the V16 viaduct construction project at km 6+320.35 in Italy.
The goals of the new highway are to increase speed and capacity on the section and reduce environmental pollution.
The project concerns the superstructure of the combined steel-reinforced concrete bridge.
Characteristics of the V16 bridge at km 6+320.35
- Consists of total of 8 spans with various lengths: 35.02 – 53.26 – 36.02 – 27.67 – 27.66 – 27.63 – 27.67 – 22.68m.
- The entire length of the facility is 257.62m along the outer curve and 259.93m along the inner curve.
- The facility is situated in a horizontal curve with a radius of 410m.
- Steel concrete combined construction.
- One span of the structure consists of 2 steel main I-beams with variable heights between 1.53m and 3.28m and with variable spacing between the main beams 7.00-9.00m.
- The beams are joined on top by cast in situ reinforced concrete plate.
- At both ends of the facility is provided with dilatation joints.
- Superstructure is connected to the foundations with the use of shock transmitters for each bearing.